Work With Us
We work hand-in-hand with government agencies to solve complex problems every day. Our people are intelligent, agile, and responsive to your needs, and our unique approach is proven to deliver the results that make a difference.
Who We Work With
We partner with those who strive to make a meaningful impact in the world.
Whether it’s Federal agencies like the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, or the General Services Administration, we consider ourselves partners in achieving your mission.
We do that by creating the right mix of specialists and experienced teams to create a project workforce ready to address all facets of your mission. With sharp minds and innovative ideas, we have the connections and resources you need to solve complex problems.
Through a variety of contract vehicles, we have a history of successfully delivering for many government agencies. Large or small contracts, in the U.S. and beyond, together we can resolve your day-to-day and long-term challenges.
GSA 8(a) STARS II
The 8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services II (STARS II) contract is multiple award, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract that provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners.
GSA 8(a) STARS II:
Constellations I and II
Redhorse DUNS #:
All Federal Agencies
Features and Benefits:
GSA STARS II simplifies the acquisition of IT services allowing long-term planning of large-scale IT program requirements with proven, highly qualified, and pre-competed 8(a) small and disadvantaged businesses. Benefits of the GWAC include:
- Small business set-aside GWAC
- Industry partners are classified in two constellations, both of which have competitive pricing and technical proficiency
- Industry partners in Constellation II have an additional industry credential, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) or ISO 9001 (quality management system)
- Directed task orders allowed up to $4 million
- No protests on orders under $10 million
- Contract type options offer greater flexibility in procuring different types of IT products and services
- Worldwide coverage
Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Labor Hour, and blended task order types
Government Access Fee:
Period of Performance:
New task orders may be issued through August 30, 2021. Order performance may go through August 30, 2024.
Redhorse provides IT services and IT services-based solutions in all four Functional Areas (FA) defined by 8(a) STARS II for both Constellations I and II:
- FA1: NAICS 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- FA2: NAICS 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- FA3: NAICS 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
- FA4: NAICS 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
Learn More: www.gsa.gov/portal/content/105243
DOE NNSA Enterprise Wide Technical, Engineering, and Programmatic Support Services BPA
This Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) provides enterprise wide technical, programmatic, and engineering support services to Department of Energy (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). NNSA is responsible for enhancing global security through nuclear deterrence, nonproliferation, counterterrorism, naval nuclear propulsion, and national leadership in science, technology, and engineering. The BPA is a strategic sourcing effort and support services are available agency-wide, including organizational units within DOE and NNSA.
- Awarding Agency: DOE National Nuclear Security Administration
- Contract Number: DE-NA0000901
- Capability: $300 million
- Period of Performance: 07/09/2015 to 10/31/2017
- Program Management Support
- Nuclear Engineering Subject Matter Expertise and Analytical Support
- Training Support
- Security Management Support
- Weapons Data Access System (WDACS) Programmatic Support
- Emergency Operations (Domestic/International) Support
- Aviation Operations Support
- Nuclear Nonproliferation
- Environmental Management
Technical, Analytical, Administrative, and Security (TAAS) BPA
Redhorse Corporation provides professional, TAAS services to the Office of the Secretary of Defense under a five-year, $500m Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA). Under the TAAS BPA, Redhorse can provide services to the OUSD(I), other OSD offices, and other Washington Headquarters Service customers. Services under the BPA include:
- Professional, technical, and analytical support in the areas of strategy, policy, doctrine, oversight, management, organizational and business improvement, continuity of operations, resources, site surveys, field data collection, and studies.
- Administrative, security, web and database support. The contractor shall support office administration, civilian and military manpower administration, physical and personnel security, and the development, maintenance and enhancement of databases.
CIO-SP3 Small Business Contract
Redhorse was awarded a contract for the Chief Information Officer – Solutions and Partners 3 (CIO-SP3) Small Business Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), which is a ten (10) year Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. This contract is intended to provide information technology (IT) solutions and services for the whole of government. These IT solutions and services include, but are not limited to, health and biomedical-related IT services to meet scientific, health, administrative, operational, managerial, and information management requirements. The contract also contains general IT services partly because medical systems are increasingly integrated within a broader IT architecture, requiring a systems approach to their implementation and a sound infrastructure for their operation.
The 10 contract task areas are:
- Task Area 1 – IT Services for Biomedical Research, Health Sciences, and Healthcare
- Task Area 2 – Chief Information Officer (CIO) Support
- Task Area 3 – Imaging
- Task Area 4 – Outsourcing
- Task Area 5 – IT Operations and Maintenance
- Task Area 6 – Integration Services
- Task Area 7 – Critical Infrastructure Protection and Information Assurance
- Task Area 8 – Digital Government
- Task Area 9 – Enterprise Resource Planning
- Task Area 10 – Software Development
Navy SeaPort-e Prime
Redhorse and our team members are proud to offer Engineering, Technical and Programmatic Support Services to the Virtual Systems Command and SSP offices in all 7 geographical Zones under the SeaPort Enhanced Multiple Award Contract. We have compiled a diverse team with offices throughout the country in order to provide excellent, innovative solutions and immediately responsive technical services. Our Team provides a strategic mix of large and small businesses encompassing all functional areas of the SeaPort Enhanced Statement of Work in order to meet any requirement.
- Contract Number: N00178-10-D-6273
- Clients: Virtual Systems Command and SSP Offices
- Contract Period of Performance: 15 July 2010 through 14 July 2019 (including award term options).
- Program Ceiling: $94.2 billion (including award term options).
- Available Order Types: CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FFP, FPI
Teammates and Experience
Cooper Zietz Engineers, Inc, Small Business
EMC Engineers, Inc., Large Business
Project Performance Corporation, Large Business
SRA International, Inc., Large Business
Tetra Tech AMT, Large Business
Quality Assurance Plan
Redhorse’s corporate Quality Management Plan (QMP) was developed consistent with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 and Project Management Institute (PMI) guidance, to reflect our core quality management principles. These principles include our strongly held beliefs that quality is defined by the customer and that every staff member is responsible for achieving that standard. Redhorse’s QMP is a meticulous, process-oriented approach that is currently employed on all of our Federal contracts. It provides practical step-wise guidance which results in high-levels of quality in our contract deliverables and services.
Technical Engineering Administrative Management Support (TEAMS) BPA
The Washington Headquarters Services, Acquisition Directorate is the Single Enterprise Contracting Office (SECO) for the Office of the Secretary of Defense. The SECO purchases over 1.3 billion in products and services annually. The largest category of services purchased for SECO customers is knowledge-based services (KBS). KBS accounts for $973 million (approximately 75%) of the total funds obligated by the SECO. In FY14 approximately $361 million of those knowledge-based services were acquired as commercial services.
It is the WHS objective to both utilize a single commercial multiple award vehicle to manage the majority of its commercial KBS purchases over the next five years, and to implement a commercial professional services BPA that implements the business model articulated in FAR 1.102-2. Its attributes are as follows:
- Satisfies the customer in terms of cost, quality, and timeliness while minimizing administrative operating costs and fulfills public policy objectives
- Provides the best value to the agency as it will balance the many competing interests (competition, small business, quality, and fair and reasonable pricing)
- Results in a system which works better and cost less
Redhorse and our team members (the Redhorse Team) offers world-class engineering, technology and management consulting solutions to support OSD. We have recent, relevant experience satisfying the Knowledge-Based Services requirements of OSD, including OUSD(I), AT&L, ASD(R&E) and subordinate agency, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Our current DoD projects embody “hard problems”. The Redhorse Team supports the Secretary’s Quadrennial Defense Review focus on Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities by conducting data-driven studies of DoD ISR systems effectiveness to inform resourcing, allocation and employment decisions. We help engineer those same systems to survive harsh environments and hostile enemies. The Redhorse team also supports DoD cyber capabilities development; from supporting Defense Science Board studies of cyber defense risk planning, to engineering groundbreaking new computer chips for DARPA. We help speed capabilities to the warfighter though our support to ASD(R&E) Rapid Response Technologies Office and help to engineer future defenses against biological threats such as Ebola for OUSD(AT&L).
Contractual POC: Bernadine Holmes, email@example.com, (619) 241-4609 Ext 816
Technical POC: Vincent Bridgeman, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 236-4407
TS Facility w/ Secret Storage
Contractual POC: Sara Racette, email@example.com, (571) 303-2153
Technical POC: Mark Malatesta, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 647-2745
Contractual POC: Raymond McIlwain, email@example.com, (571) 814-5703
Technical POC: Andrew Weis, (571) 814-5726 & Christopher Kenly, (571) 814-5702, TEAMS@aveshka.com
TS Facility w/ Secret Storage
Contractual POC: Scott Stahl, firstname.lastname@example.org, (937) 256-8571
Technical POC: Charles Rossi, email@example.com, (937) 256-8571
TS Facility w/ SCIF
Contractual POC: David Nolan, firstname.lastname@example.org, (720) 395-2385
Technical POC: Jason Prow, email@example.com, (202) 441-1737
The Government Client Contracting Officer
Solicitation Name: Technical Analytical Engineering Management Support (TEAMS) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA)
Solicitation Number: HQ0034-15-R-0054
Name: Washington Headquarters Services
Address: 2521 South Clark Street, Suite 1210, Arlington, VA 22202
POC: Mr. Christopher E. Harris, (703) 545-3573
GSA Schedule 00CORP - Professional Services Schedule
Redhorse offers Federal agencies and authorized customers a total solution under its GSA Professional Services Schedule to their business, operations, compliance, and mission requirements. Awarded special item numbers (SINs) encompass a full set of services to provide comprehensive solutions to customers’ program, financial, management, engineering, scientific, and administrative and technical requirements. The Redhorse Professional Services Schedule provides customers with a single, simplified contract mechanism to meet its requirements. Customers can order services from Redhorse under functional domains offered in the following areas:
- Facilities Maintenance and Management
- Financial and Business Solutions (FABS)
- Advertising & Integrated Marketing Solutions (AIMS)
- Information Technology Services
- Human Resources & Equal Employment Opportunity Services
- Professional Engineering Services (PES)
- Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS)
- Logistics Worldwide (LOGWORLD)
- Environmental Services
GSA Schedule 03FAC - Facilities Maintenance and Management Services
Redhorse offers Federal agencies and authorized customers comprehensive facility maintenance and management services under the 03FAC Schedule. Redhorse provides technical expertise and solutions in support of integrated facilities management, energy, water, sustainability, and operations and management support services. Awarded special item numbers (SINs) encompass a full set of services to improve building performance, deliver greater efficiency, maximize facility resource investments, and help build a smarter infrastructure platform for facility operations. Customers can order services from Redhorse under the following SINs:
- 003-01: Smart Buildings Systems Integrator
- 003-097: Ancillary Repairs and Alterations
- 871-100: Ancillary Supplies and Services
- 811-003: Complete Facilities Management
- 811-006: Facilities Maintenance and Management Consulting
- 871-202: Energy Management Planning and Strategies
- 871-203: Training on Energy Management
- 871-204: Metering Services
- 871-205: Energy Program Support Services
- 871-206: Building Commissioning Services
- 871-207: Energy Audit Services
- 871-208: Resource Efficiency Management (REM)
- 871-209: Innovation in Energy
- 871-210: Water Conservation
- 871-211: Energy Consulting Services
- 871-299: Introduction of New Services
GSA Schedule 36 - Office, Imaging, and Documentation Solutions
Redhorse offers Federal agencies and authorized customers business solutions for their mail room, record keeping, and other administration requirements. Our expertise includes receiving and processing of classified and other correspondence for Federal Agencies; maintaining accountability for records of operations, physical property, and security; and upkeep of files, filing systems, and databases. Customers can order services from Redhorse under the following SINs.
- 51-504: Records Management Services
- 51-1000: Ancillary Supplies and Services
- 733-1: Mail Room Administrative Support Services
GSA Schedule 70 - Information Technology Services
Redhorse offers Federal agencies and authorized customers a wide range of information technology services to support business, operations, intelligence, and communication requirements. Our solutions integrate business processes and data models that cross system and organizational boundaries, accommodate the increasingly mobile and socially networked workforce, and embrace dynamic requirements. We balance the continual need to enhance usability while simultaneously improving security as more data and applications are exposed to an ever broader user population. We offer Information Technology services to our customers’ needs in the following areas:
- Program and Project Management
- IT Strategy and Governance
- Cyber Security
- Information Assurance
- Data Center and Cloud Architecture
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Wireless Network Design
- Systems Engineering and Integration
Indian Incentive Program: The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has established an incentive program for prime contractors to encourage the use of Native American-owned businesses, known as the Indian Incentive Program. DoD provides a 5 percent “incentive bonus” for subcontracted work to Native American-owned business. Use of Redhorse qualifies prime contractors for incentive payment under the Indian Incentive Program.