Redhorse was recently awarded the FirstNet Professional Support Contract to provide professional, technical, and subject matter expert support services. The overarching purpose of the FirstNet nationwide network is to provide highly available and reliable emergency communications to first responders and public safety professionals. The new wireless broadband (4G/LTE) network will equip and empower emergency first responders in performing their critical missions of saving lives, property, and protecting and serving the public. Redhorse is excited to have TASC and Noblis as subcontractors on our team, and we look forward to supporting the FirstNet mission in the following areas:
- Providing the wide range of technical, business, financial, strategic and operational expertise and contractor support to FirstNet.
- Supporting the ongoing user outreach and consultation with regional, State, tribal, local and federal users and agencies to understand their perspectives, requirements and priorities for wireless broadband communications, services, applications and network capabilities.
- Working with FirstNet to identify and engage with the wide range of stakeholders and to meet or exceed the extensive Public Safety launch requirements for the nationwide network.
- Establishing FirstNet’s network architecture and standards to ensure seamless communications, services, applications and other network capabilities on a nationwide basis.
- Assisting FirstNet in developing the requirements for first responders’ end user devices and applications, especially for law enforcement, firefighters and emergency medical service providers.
- Designing a FirstNet nationwide network that delivers robust, reliable and resilient mission-critical communications, services, applications and network capabilities during natural disasters such as hurricanes or earthquakes as well as during potential manmade and terrorist events.
- Providing Business Professional Services—Including: Wireless Business Strategy and Financial Planning and Modeling.
Locations will be in San Ramon, CA; Boulder, CO; Dallas, TX; and Washington D.C. Additions or changes to locations may occur; telecommuting is also allowed. All positions will require a Position of Public Trust Clearance.